The successful candidate will support the SVP, Deputy Head of R&D and other select functional managers to provide efficient administrative and secretarial support. Responsibilities will include complex calendar management, meeting management, travel coordination, expense management and project support.
In addition, he/she assists with purchase orders, vendor invoices and obtaining supplies and works on special projects, as directed.
- Work in support of SVP, Deputy Head of R&D leadership based on business need and departmental requirements. Multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks to support business and leadership needs.
- Complex calendar management, coordinating meetings, conferences and events. Will also assist with coordination of on-site and off-site events, managing catering and conference room scheduling.
- Generate requests for legal agreements and track for timely execution.
- Scheduling and organizing interdepartmental meetings, meetings with external parties, conferences and other department activities, including catering arrangements, coordination with vendors, speakers and meeting logistics personnel.
- Create and manage purchase orders ensure timely payments for vendors, includes vendor request set-up and check requests coordinating with Accounts Payable.
- Track invoices submitted from consultants and vendors.
- Assist with specific project deliverables (e.g., PowerPoint presentation and other presentation aids, charts, graphs, tables, etc.) as assigned, and work independently and within teams on special and ongoing projects.
- Help orchestrate Departmental Meetings and Events.
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and hard copy files and records and updating various databases as needed, ensuring records are maintained in compliance with the Company’s SOPs and records management policies, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain office supplies, handle mail, follow through with various on-going administrative tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate travel for Sr. Directors and above and handle their expense reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all travel, expense and HCC policies
- Serve as a positive, outgoing presence in the department to support departmental interactions and collaborations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Vizio)
- Experience with event planning and generation of requests for legal agreements.
- Familiarity with expense management systems and complex travel bookings.
- Three to five years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Gracious, seasoned professional with ability to effectively communicate internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.