This role is responsible for designing, developing, and conducting innovative and interactive training solutions across all Business Units for our customer facing field teams.
This candidate will lead the skill and competency needs assessment to provide robust, impactful training that tangibly improves the effectiveness of the Account Managers, Reimbursement Managers, and sales teams. The Market Access Training Lead will collaborate with the Head of Market Access Marketing & Payer Field Team, Head of Patient Support & Access Services, Sales Training Leads, and external vendor SME’s in the implementation of learning solutions. This person will report directly to the US Sales Training Lead.
- Lead the needs assessment, design, development and implementation of the Market Access overarching training strategy and curriculum for sales and specific customer facing field teams
- Lead the design, implementation and facilitation of Account Manager and Access and Reimbursement Manager Onboarding and Advanced Knowledge and Skills training
- Educate and develop training strategy for sales teams on market access and reimbursement process, including potential challenges with third-party payers
- Partner with Sales Training Leads to embed market access training into new hire curriculum (SSCs and OAMs)
- Maintain superior knowledge of key managed markets customers, including payers, PBM’s, specialty pharmacies, Systems of Care, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Product launches to design and develop customized managed care training workshops for the brand, along with any required testing and/or certification
- Collaborate cross-functionally and through the PMRC process(e.g. legal/compliance, regulatory, sales, marketing) in the development of training materials that reflect the needs of the evolving business
- Ensure cross-functional input is integrated and aligned in the strategy, tactics, and investments of the plan.
- Ensure curriculum is designed to accommodate progressive learning from developing to advanced level competency demonstration.
- Conduct on-going needs analysis (customer feedback, field interactions, SMEs, etc.) and leverage results to inform/adjust training strategy and curriculum as needed.
- Maintain expertise and attend subject matter training meetings to keep abreast of new developments in Market Access and Training.
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business, or Marketing
- 3 or more years of relevant sales training, market access training, and/or reimbursement training experience with a successful record of delivering quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment
- 3 or more years of relevant managed markets and reimbursement experience
- 2 or more years people management experience working in a field based and corporate home office role preferred
- Must have ability to work in a matrix and highly regulated environment
- Understands field based and internal employee job responsibilities
- Experience writing and developing training programs and materials
- Vendor and contract negotiation skills
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA office however qualified candidates may work out of the Palo Alto, CA home office as well.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leading the Organization
- Business Acumen
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making
- Planning and Organization
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between offices and meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.