The position will be part of the Channel Management and Contract Operations department and will have the primary responsibility and accountability for the management of Sleep Business Unit. The individual will interface with Manufacturing, Managed Markets, Sales & Marketing, QA, Finance, Commercial Operations as well as Distribution Partners. The position will report to the Director of Channel Operations and will be based in Philadelphia.
Oversight of all customer service, distribution and trade management relationships. This includes the development of customer policies and internal systems and procedures necessary to execute all relevant operations and the coordination of operating guidelines within Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Identify 3PL and Specialty Distribution/Pharmacy partners to support best go to market strategy for each product
- Working in partnership with the Channel Account Manager create and conduct RFP’s as necessary to identify appropriate business and distribution partners in the market
- Negotiate agreements for Distribution Services, Amendments and Work Orders to support distribution of products through the most efficient and cost effective channels
- Manage relationship with Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy/3PL’s to ensure they are meeting commitments regarding timely processing of orders including shipments to accounts
- Manage all daily distribution activities at the Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy and 3PL’s to ensure contract and guideline adherence
- Conduct periodic financial reviews of distributor contracts to ensure compliance of service agreements
- Financial analysis of actual and projected wholesaler chargebacks, sales volume and returns.
- Responsible for Sleep Channel Management Customer Service inquiries and projects
- Liaison between Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Clinical Trials, Finance, Managed Markets, Commercial Operations, and Sales Departments
- Ensure adequate market inventory by working with Supply Chain, Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy, Customers, and Finance
- Work with supply chain, marketing, and communications to source any additional materials needed to distribute product in the US (i.emedical components, DHCP letters, special handling instructions)
- Develops and distributes Trade/Inventory reports
- Provides management on inventory and projected inventory levels throughout the year
- Manages the Returned Goods process to include bi-yearly inventory audits, internal SOP administration, return authorizations and final disposition
- Manage Specialty Distribution and all related transaction processing for orders to hospitals, wholesalers, retail pharmacies, patients, government agencies and other health care providers
- Ensure that the distribution site receives all data necessary to process and administer chargeback or other contractual obligations. Review and implement all proposed new contracts to ensure contract can be administered at the 3PL
- Monitor Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy and 3PL shipments to maintain and manage inventory levels to minimize potential speculation buying and or stocking orders by end user
- Manage the day to day processes of Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy to ensure they provide the contracted services at competitive prices
- Cross functional work with Reimbursement Team as well as Patient Services group
- Work with QA to facilitate product replacement as needed for product quality complaints
- Collaborate with Finance Team on the quarterly forecasts vs. actual supply and demand to support accurate finance forecasting
- Develop customer service policies and operations procedures
- Develop, recommend, and implement distribution strategies for new product launches to ensure rapid and efficient distribution of product
- Work with Sales & Marketing to develop appropriate communications to Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy
- Collaborate with senior management and decision makers and pro-actively work with vendors to identify efficiencies in the operational process, implement necessary systems and procedural change as appropriate, to realize identified efficiencies
- Analyze daily, weekly, monthly sales volume communicate days on hand to the marketing and sales departments as needed and highlight action required to maintain supply
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Requires BS/BA or 10+ years of industry experience
- 6+ years of Trade experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.