This role will be responsible for establishing the strategic direction, operational plans and managing all aspects of Employee Relations across the US Jazz Pharmaceuticals business. Compliantly leads and manages the day-to-day Employee Relations (ER) issues (including investigations) across the U.S. (Commercial, R&D and G&A functions) with high integrity and in line with Jazz values. Will work closely and in partnership with U.S. Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs), in-house Legal and Compliance counsel,and appropriate leaders and employees within the business, and our Global HR partners.
- Build/ initiate and maintain strong productive relationships and partnerships within HR, Legal and Compliance, and the Business (employees and managers)
- Proactive approach with US Business on Performance Management, with problem-solving employee issues, coaching and feedback, and ongoing support for Performance Improvement Plans.
- Anticipates challenges and gaps in the business on performance issues
- Educate the US HRBPs and, at times, other members of the HR team on trends, best practices, updated employment laws, provide leadership to address any gaps to recommend and implement solutions.
- Initiate, carry out and present findings (including possible options moving forward) for Employee Relations issues (including Performance Management issues) and HR investigations across U.S organizations as assigned and in close collaboration with appropriate partners in HR and the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Continually monitor and assess potential ER trends across U.S organization – provide insights and resolution to HR leadership, including recommending and taking action to address
- In partnership with Legal and Compliance, focus on development of “best practice” processes for HR investigations, including drafting and/or refining process guidelines and appropriate templates (investigation reports, etc.)
- Ensure consistent compliant and high-integrity approach in the management and closing of ER issues.
- Recommend and lead solutions regarding ER issues as well as potential high-risk incidents and trends
- At times, partner with the International HRBP team in the closure of ER issues and/or investigations that occur in the U.S.
- At times prepare and deliver formal presentations to the HR Department and/or Managers regarding investigations and/or concerning identification and recommendation of proactive ER measures to reduce the ER issues across organizations
- At all times, operate in line with Jazz values.
- HRBP Support could be required to coach and guide managers
Knowledge, skills & abilities :
- Ability to work within an open office environment
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems creatively, strategically and compliantly
- Strong command of U.S. employment law. In addition, significant exposure to California and/or Pennsylvania employment laws strongly preferred
- Able to understand and assess risk as related to employee situations
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people at different levels as well as from different functional teams within Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- High confidentiality standards
- Strong project management skills; proven experience leading high-profile investigations
- Proactive self-directed work approach, ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Exemplifies Jazz values
- Travel as required - business travel could be extensive and /or required upon little advance notice
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years experience in HR
- Significant experience dealing with ER issues and investigations including experience dealing employees/managers who: are in remote sales positions, have advanced degrees and operate in a highly regulated environment (preferred)
- Should add any physical demands/requirements, including ability to work within open office environment, etc.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.