The Director, Sleep Marketing, Xyrem will play a key leadership role within the Sleep Business Unit. This candidate will be responsible for aligning a cross-functional team around strategic vision and purpose while leading, inspiring, developing and motivating the team to successfully achieve individual and organizational objectives. The candidate will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) as well as develop short and long term strategic plans to maximize the value of Xyrem for patients and for Jazz Inc. This position will report to the Marketing Lead, Sleep Business Unit.
This individual will:
- Take a central role in US marketing efforts for Jazz’s lead product, Xyrem; Lead and align cross-functional teams through successful development and execution of annual brand plans.
- Develop/communicate a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the brand (project) team; work collaboratively to formulate long-range and mid-term strategies; demonstrate courage in advancing new, innovative ideas; champion change initiatives to enhance organizational performance.
- Prioritize, develop and implement promotional and disease education tactics that help establish the value of our products with our customers and contribute to achieving annual sales targets.
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify best practices and uncover needs/ trends and build relationships to improve consistency of brand strategy execution.
- Work with commercial operations to design market research initiatives, develop professional advisory boards and evaluate third party market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer / market needs.
- Manage and enhance internal and external relationships with colleagues, thought leaders, strategic business partners and vendors.
- Attract, hire, coach, and develop key talent to help build a high-performing marketing organization
- Participate on cross-functional teams and represent the Brand team at Promotional Material Review Committee (PMRC) meetings as well as other internal meetings.
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards.
- Review and assess US performance, sales and commercial supply forecasts and annual plans; manage the brand P&L
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing experience (sales and/or global marketing experience preferred)
- 3+ years successful CNS marketing experience (consumer marketing experience also desired)
- 3+ years commercial management experience (manager of manager experience preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including significant experience presenting to senior management and large audiences.
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of good analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills.
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required.
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA office however qualified candidates may alternatively work in the Palo Alto, CA office. Relocation to a home office is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- MBA (preferred).
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.