Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Senior Manager of Commercial BI for the IT team. In this hands-on role, this individual must employ business analysis methods, technical expertise, project management, and related optimizing methods to assist Jazz Pharmaceuticals management in business decision-making and reaching better business outcomes. This includes formulating business requirements and models and defining relevant business data parameters and requirements. This position will be an expert in understanding business processes, business data, technology platforms, and integration within the Commercial technology landscape. This position will also work closely with business managers and external consulting vendors to achieve delivery of IT solutions and contribute to the achievement of business goals and develop partnerships with the commercial organization (sales, marketing, managed care, trade and distribution) to develop and deliver solutions to business challenges.
- Partner with Commercial (Operations, Marketing & Sales) and other business functions to develop data solutions while ensuring alignment to Jazz’s business strategy and overall IT data strategies.
- Analyze business problems and define business requirements; propose appropriate business and statistical methods; and apply the proposed methods to automate creation of metrics, charts, reports or dashboard solutions that will answer the business question.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and data visualization. Develop metrics, reports, and dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Hands-on involvement in designing and developing automated processes to extract data received from various internal and external sources, combine and transform them into meaningful data elements to create different types of data schemas for different business needs (transactional, star schema, snowflake schema, normalized, denormalized, aggregate, snapshot, staging, datamart, data warehouse, etc.)
- Manage projects of small to medium scope and size, to develop prototypes as well as production-ready reporting solutions.
- Collaborate with project teams comprising of internal business leaders, scientists, data and business analysts, as well as external partners in the areas of technology, consulting, or operations, to establish timelines and deliver analysis results.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills; foster teamwork and collaboration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 7 years of business experience in the IT industry; work in/for pharmaceutical, biotech, bioinformatics, or healthcare related laboratory, research and diagnostic industries, a plus.
- Must have at least 5 years of hands on experience with data discovery, analysis and creation of metrics, charts, reports and dashboards; using these techniques on healthcare data sets is a plus (healthcare operations clinical, distribution, drug compliance, persistence, safety, etc.).
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex healthcare business processes to develop agile and insightful data rich solutions
- Must have hands on experience with using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts).
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or other databases required
- Must have hands on experience working with software tools and independently create automated processes to extract, transform and load data (ETL) into appropriate data schemas.
- Experience with Pipeline Pilot, Alteryx or other enterprise ETL platforms is a plus. Job will require learning and using such tools on a day to day basis.
- Must have hands on experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview) and ability to independently create prototype views using data extracts.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.