The Program Specialist will work as an integral member of Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Commercial Services team, supporting the conventions/exhibit services/regional meetings, vendor credentialing and speakers’ bureau management. This individual will collaborate with a broad set of cross-functional areas, specifically compliance, marketing, legal, medical, sales and external vendors, to provide proactive oversight as well as analysis for speaker program activity. Implement and execute speaker program strategies and tactics that address strategic imperatives identified by the marketing teams. This position will report to the Manager of Commercial Services.
Regional Meeting Management / Exhibit Services/Conventions
- Develops, trains users and maintains the regional meetings portal
- Produces spend and activity reports to assist the BU Sales Leads in the monitoring and management of their budget
- Maintain and process all documentation for exhibit agreements
- Complete purchase order requests and or check requests and maintain all documentation of such requests
- Works with Manager to collaborate with the businesses on the development of meetings and conventions plans, communications, and execution of programs.
- Ensures contracts for hotels, conventions locations, and other miscellaneous services are negotiated in Jazz’s best interest.
- Professionally liaises and collaborates with members of various departments, including: Marketing, Sales, and Medical Affairs to determine exhibit/convention objectives and strategy
- Foster strong working relationship with relevant professional organizations (e.g. AAN, APA, ACCP, etc.) on behalf of Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Liaise with contact persons to maximize visibility, exposure and professional reputation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Manage all aspects of exhibits/conventions, including proactive planning, working within budget parameters and resource management.
- Manage the exhibit vendor partners for all Business Units
- Coordinates ordering and delivery of all promotional materials and booth hardware to exhibit.
- Ensures optimal and efficient exhibit functions/activities, recruitment, scheduling and training of exhibit personnel.
- Assist in the creation of the Program Information Booklet or JazzMeet to all internal attendees.
- Participates in the strategic planning process for conventions and exhibits to ensure continual improvement and quality customer service
- Conference Attendees:
- Arrange group accommodation and the negotiating of appropriate rates
- Registers customers and staff where appropriate
- Finds, costs and books venues for company organized meetings/events
- When appropriate supervises the meetings and events on site to ensure their smooth-running
- In conjunction with the various marketing teams, monitors spend to ensure events are delivered within pre-specified budget
- Processes all vendor credentialing requests that come in from the sales force
- Manages the various credentialing accounts and systems in place
- Works with internal teams to ensure proper certifications are sent to the sales force when requested
- Communicates key updates and changes surrounding vendor credentialing with the sales force and key internal stakeholders
Speakers Bureau Management
- Assists in the management of all types of promotional speaker programs and the vendor who includes a group of skilled speaker bureau coordinators/planners.
- Trains and mentors Vendor Speakers Bureau Coordinators on business rules and customer service as defined by Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Works closely with marketing, sales teams and managers, sales training, commercial operations, and cross-functional areas including but not limited to clinical, regulatory, medical, legal, compliance, and finance. Works cross functional to assist in the speaker engagement plan for speakers
- Keeps key stakeholders informed of decisions or new information that may impact them
- Operates within all applicable regulations as well as all standard operating procedures provided by Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Works in a team environment, pro-active, relationship building, customer service focused, and take charge problem solver
- Provides reporting of speaker program data to internal stakeholders
- Participates in Speaker training to communicate logistical management of the bureau
- Completes reviews, approves and submits the Sunshine reports generated by the vendor partner.
- Responsible for Speakers Contracts across all BUs including: initiating, renewing and maintaining Speaker contracts, working closely with marketing/compliance to determine the speaker rate and speaker training requirements, monitors and reports on speaker utilization against minimum program requirements and fee-for-service annual caps
- Communicates, trains and problem solves for sales teams. Escalates any issues to appropriate management team.
- In alignment with compliance, develops and implements speaker program processes and system training to sales and marketing. Develops and updates training materials, as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of related work experience in an operational environment
- At least 2 years of speaker program operations experience or meeting/event planning experience
- Vendor management and relationship experience
- Proven strong project management experience in a relevant role may be suitable.
- Ability to manage successfully multiple and complex projects within the set timelines and budgets with minimum supervision
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills with a hands-on, highly proactive approach.
- Customer service minded
- Ability and desire to work in a challenging, and fast paced environment
- Promotes and demonstrates Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ core values and works with a high degree of integrity and passion for success
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.