The Senior Manager, Global Corporate Communications will report into the Head of Global Corporate Communications, supporting the execution of all Global & US Corporate Communications activities for Jazz Pharmaceuticals, including corporate and brand communications; product media relations, PR strategy and press releases, corporate identity, brand and reputation, Corporate Social Responsibility/Corporate Giving, issues management, corporate website, and M&A communications. The Senior Manager must have a proven track record of completing activities in line with compliance and regulatory and managing multiple high priority projects. The Senior Manager must demonstrate the ability to navigate and collaborate across functions and with senior management and be a key contributor to the Corporate Affairs team.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of Jazz’ content development for media relations and corporate digital properties, with the aim of cultivating a steady stream of press coverage for the company.
- Create content for Jazz social media platforms, specifically Twitter; work across the Company to align content creation and dissemination for Jazz product brand social media properties.
- Draft and edit press releases for corporate/brand announcements and review/create other media materials such as reserved press statements and QAs.
- Monitor external coverage of Jazz and products in trade and business news across all platforms and develop KPIs to measure impact.
- Manage external resources, such as media monitoring and distribution services, and assist in managing work conducted by PR and other creative agencies.
- Provide strategic communications support for Jazz senior leadership as needed, such as developing speech content/ talking points, briefing books and research materials, and staff key events.
- Manage Jazz’ corporate external website governance, content and design including being the principal writer of content and overseeing the creation of other creative (e.g., infographics, video, etc.) for the site.
- Support corporate reputation activities including development corporate narrative.
- Support issues management at the corporate and brand level, with focus on ensuring alignment and readiness on key issues identified through periodic risk analysis.
- Support direct agency resources to deliver key projects/deliverables on time and within budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 3-7 years of progressive leadership in a related field and within a biotech and/or pharmaceuticals company or at a communications/PR agency, handling corporate communications, product communications, social media, clinical data communications, pre-approval and product launch communications strategies, issues management, media relations, corporate philanthropy, and collaboration with advocacy/professional alliance programs.
- Experience in diverse aspects of corporate communications, including media relations, content development for multiple platforms, senior executive support with financial and/or Corporate Social Responsibility/sustainability experience a plus.
- Deep expertise in social media.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Skilled in communicating complex scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- A high level of energy and passion toward patients, science and public health.
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influence and network. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization as a collaborative team player.
- Results-orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and managing resources.
- Strong work ethic; highest standards of ethics and compliance with laws.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- A Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.