Jazz Pharmaceuticals is looking for an experienced cybersecurity professional with proven skills for recommending security measures based upon a company’s unique risk profile and heavy dependence on 3rd party vendors and partners. This IT Security team member will be responsible for assessing and managing the 3rd party security risks of our business
This individual will be a hands-on contributor with oversight of our cybersecurity risk due to 3rd party partners while also having a contributory role to other cyber security projects and operations
This position will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. Ultimately this individual is responsible for assessing, designing and implementing security controls to help protect Jazz.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
This person will combine past experiences and expertise with industry trends and best practices to bring rigor and repeatability into system & platform security in partnership with 3rd parties. He/she will help mature the discipline of cybersecurity best practices and will evangelize the value of such discipline to the broader IT organization.
Specifically this role will be responsible for the following:
- Perform security audits and assessments of third parties and recommend actions to mitigate risk through a review of efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of operational and security policies, processes and practices.
- Perform technical security assessment of solutions and recommend security designs and controls
- Oversee and perform operational execution of the third party cyber risk management processes
- Provide written and verbal reports of audit findings and assessment observations.
- Act as primary trusted security advisor on projects to ensure that information security risks are managed and risk assessment process is followed when interacting with 3rd parties
- Align established cyber security policies, procedures and controls to Jazz’s business needs
- Support periodic audit activities as they relate to the IT cyber security domain (e.g., quarterly SOX audits for privileged access, GxP audits for information integrity, security and availability)
- Provide security guidance and mentorship to engineers within the Jazz engineering and partner ecosystem technical team
- Maintain broad understanding of emerging security technologies and their relevance/applicability to our organization especially as they relate to 3rd party partners
- Provide hands-on security expertise during design, development, implementation and testing of solutions for integrating new technologies.
- Ensure security coherence across the services developed by our engineering and application teams, as well as encouraging security best practices
- Provide clear direction and mobilize others to take action on priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey security concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. senior and executive management, internal customers)
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of 3rd party vendor and technology assessment frameworks and have performed assessments historically
- Possess advanced interview skills to tailor the types of questions based on responses provided by internal business partners and vendors
- Demonstrate an understanding of business processes, external control risk management, IT controls, and how they interact together
- Understand cyber security technology sufficiently to perform technology assessments. Example technology domains would be access management, network security, vulnerability management and physical security, etc.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience and one or more relevant certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CCSK)
- Experience with implementing security controls
- Working knowledge of industry standards – NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001/2, Cloud Security Alliance or Privacy Shield
- Experience with assessing cloud Cybersecurity, leading global cross functional project teams, access control operations along with strong technical expertise are highly desirable
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to support decisions that balance Cybersecurity with ease-of-use
- A demonstrated service delivery mind-set with experience in implementing results orientated service delivery initiatives
- Demonstrated experience leading security project through influence, collaboration, and coalition-building; and very comfortable in situations requiring constrained creativity to insure we are securing business systems and data
- Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to engage and influence senior level staff
- Demonstrated vendor relationship management skills, with the ability to build strong rapport.
- Self-starter that understands and owns every vital detail as second nature
Additional Valuable Skills and Certifications:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Working in environments with high adoption of Cloud technologies
- Experience in business of rapid change
- CISSP Certification (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.