As a member of the marketing team, this position will support the promotion and management of approved and marketed products in the Pain Business Unit. The individual will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) in the pain market space, assist the brand team in key aspects of brand management and tactical development and deployment, and will represent the marketing team at various internal and external meetings.
- Participate and lead portions of the development of an integrated strategic marketing plan for Prialt
- Participate in cross functional sub-teams to ensure alignment and appropriate execution on brand plan; become a trusted partner and contributor in this setting
- Initiate and analyze qualitative and quantitative market data/market research to continually gain a deeper understanding of the customer, brand, disease area, and market. Propose informed strategies and tactics to address key unmet needs
- Appropriately innovate with a broad view on cross functional appropriateness with a special focus on regulatory and compliance
- Responsible for marketing budget and accrual process with finance department
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable for success metrics; constantly analyze and optimize campaigns
- Lead and deploy key promotional materials in support of Prialt including content development, internal review, OPDP review, QC, production, and distribution to the field
- Contribute to strategies or mechanisms that will optimize access to and affordability of Prialt using a gained understanding of managed care and pharmacy operations
- Represent marketing team as the subject matter expert at PMRC meetings, as well as other internal meetings
- Lead the development of appropriate messaging, programs, and materials for Plan of Action (POA) meetings and national sales meetings
- Lead sales force communication planning. This includes presenting at various sales meetings, training initiatives, ad boards, internal project teams and brand planning offsite meetings
- Assimilate and analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to generate a deeper understanding of the customer, brand, disease area, and market to optimize marketing strategy and tactics, messaging, media selections, etc.
- Identify customer needs and drive appropriate product adoption by leveraging existing relationships with KOL’s, key customers, and other appropriate stakeholders
- Represent the brand vision and marketing team objectives in cross functional settings
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related discipline; Advance degree is desirable.
- Three or more years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or related management. (sales experience a plus)
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated record of effectively working in cross-functional team; strong team work skills and demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus between strategy, planning, and execution with agility and strict attention to detail
- Pharmaceutical career progression demonstrating growth in responsibility and scope, particularly in commercial positions.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.