As a member of the marketing team, this position will support the promotion and management of approved and marketed products in the Sleep Business Unit. The individual will help drive product adoption within FDA-approved indication(s) in the narcolepsy and sleep market space, be a key member of the brand planning process, assist the brand team in key aspects of brand strategy, management and tactical development and deployment, and will represent the marketing team at various internal and external meetings.
- Participate and lead portions of the development of an integrated marketing plan for Xyrem
- Participate in cross functional sub-teams to ensure alignment and appropriate execution on brand plan; become a trusted partner and contributor in this setting
- Initiate and analyze qualitative and quantitative market data/market research to continually gain a deeper understanding of the customer, brand, disease area, and market. Propose informed strategies and tactics to address key unmet needs.
- Innovate with a broad view on cross functional appropriateness with a special focus on regulatory and compliance
- Responsible for marketing budget and accrual process with finance department
- Forecast product utilization and conversions for Xyrem and Life Cycle Management
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable for success metrics; constantly analyze and optimize campaigns
- Lead the development and deployment of all branded and unbranded (disease awareness) initiatives in support of Xyrem including objective setting, content development, internal review, OPDP review, QC, production, and distribution to the field.
- Contribute to strategies or mechanisms that will optimize access to and affordability of Xyrem using a gained understanding of managed care and pharmacy operations.
- Represent marketing team as the subject matter expert at PMRC meetings, as well as other internal meetings.
- Lead the development of appropriate messaging, programs, and materials for Plan of Action (POA) meetings and national sales meetings.
- Lead sales force communication planning. This includes presenting at various sales meetings, training initiatives, ad boards, internal project teams and brand planning offsite meetings.
- Identify customer needs and drive appropriate product adoption by leveraging existing relationships with KOL’s, patient advocacy groups, key customers, and other appropriate stakeholders
- Represent the brand vision and marketing team objectives in cross functional settings
- Participate in quarterly publication planning meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related discipline; an advanced degree is preferable. MBA is desirable.
- Three to five years of experience in pharmaceutical marketing
- Five or more years of experience in pharmaceutical sales and/or related management.
- Demonstrated record of effectively working in cross-functional team; strong team work skills and demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus between strategy, planning, and execution with agility and strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, project management and organizational skills.
- A strongly preferred candidate would have a pharmaceutical career progression demonstrating growth in responsibility and scope, particularly in commercial positions
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.