As a member of the Solriamfetol marketing team, the Thought Leader Liaison position will lead our efforts to engage with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) as well as support the HCP Disease Awareness promotion medical education of Excessive Sleepiness among Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) patients in the Sleep Business Unit.
The Thought Leader Liaison role is a key marketing position within the Sleep Business Unit supporting the promotional medical education efforts of Solriamfetol in the OSA Market. In addition, the Thought Leader Liaison will act as the primary commercial liaison between KOLs and commercial functions at Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- KOL relationship development and management
- Speaker bureau identification, training and commercial program facilitation and execution
- HCP Disease Awareness promotional efforts (personal and non-personal efforts)
This position will report into the HCP Marketing Director on the Solriamfetol team. The individual will be a key member of the Solriamfetol marketing team and will represent the marketing team at various internal and external meetings.
Advocacy and Thought Leader Development
- Identify, cultivate and maintain appropriate business relationships with Obstructive Sleep Apnea KOLs, including national and regional providers, speaker bureau faculty, and advisors
- Support KOL influence-mapping initiatives, developing profiles, and engagement / communication plans for each assigned KOL to gather information to help inform Solriamfetol OSA strategy
- Attend and coordinate Jazz commercial presence at local, regional and national medical and scientific conferences as identified and directed
Speaker Bureau Management, Speaker Training and Program Execution
- Work with field and office-based colleagues to identify, contract, and train qualified promotional speakers (Disease Awareness and Branded Speaker programs)
- Provide real time assessment of speaker and program effectiveness
- Assess speaker utilization and program logistics to ensure compliance with internal corporate policies and guidelines
- Work with cross functional colleagues to identify and recruit KOLs for national and regional advisory boards and assist in the facilitation and execution of commercial advisory boards
HCP Disease Awareness Promotion
- Support the development and execution of the Solriamfetol HCP Disease Awareness strategy and promotional medical education across appropriate channels
- Support qualitative and quantitative market data to continually gain a deeper understanding of the customer, brand, disease area, and market. Propose informed strategies and tactics to address key unmet needs.
- Support the development and implementation of Solriamfetol Digital promotional medical education efforts (website, search, banner ads)
- Oversee agency partners and other vendors to ensure strategic alignment and executional excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to travel 50%-60% (Position must be located in a home office)
- Strong scientific acumen and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen actively and synthesize information in a meaningful way
- Strong relationship building skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills with proven ability to present to large and small audience
- Demonstrate fluency in articulating complex scientific concepts and data
- Good judgment, ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
- Strategic, passionate, self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong understanding of the laws, regulations and rules governing the pharmaceutical industry
- Must work well in large and small teams
- Responsible for marketing budget and accrual process with finance department
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable for success metrics
- Represent marketing team at PMRC meetings, as well as other internal meetings.
- Adhere to regulatory, medical and compliance marketing parameters
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Advanced health science or business degree a plus
- At least 3-5 years of commercial experience; Marketing, account management, or KOL engagement a plus
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding expectations in assigned responsibilities as confirmed by references
- Demonstrated record of effectively working in cross-functional team;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, project management and organizational skills.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.