The Sales Training Manager, Sleep BU will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Sales Training colleagues and Commercial Partners to develop and execute training strategy and tactics for a specified product mix. This individual will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Sleep Sales Training Lead.
- Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical applications and benefits of Sleep products. Viewed as an expert internally and in the field.
- Ability to travel, up to 50%, is expected for field activity, POA meetings, and conferences, training classes and meetings at Jazz Pharmaceuticals US offices (Palo Alto & Philadelphia) to facilitate training classes & attend department meetings.
- Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product learning needs of the business, including product launch preparation and on-going business needs. Applies advance instructional design principles and the adult learning model to enhance content delivery. Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles and concepts across all brands/products.
- Performs detailed needs assessments in coordination with Sales Leadership, US Sales Training, Marketing, and Commercial Operations. This may include field rides as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Translates business needs into clinical & sales training products and programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current training programs and products.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of sales training products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to sales training customers and program participants with minimal supervision and guidance, including routing all materials through the PMRC process.
- Facilitates Foundation (Core) and Advanced Training Classes – highly skilled at group facilitation and group learning exercises.
- Designs and implements metrics to measure clinical training impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility.
- With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e. clinical papers) while remaining conscientious of legal and regulatory parameters.
- Often initiates collaboration with cross-functional partners (Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Commercial Services, Market Access, Medical, Compliance) to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, and enhance training programs.
- Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a track record of proven leadership.
- Serves as a consultant to Business Unit leadership in long range planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and products.
- Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor relationships.
- Models compliance through all activities and interactions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five or more years of pharmaceutical/medical sales or marketing experience including Field Based Trainer experience, preferred -or-3 or more years’ experience developing and delivering clinically focused training and sales results related training.
- Knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and/or their application(s) in the respective disease state is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated consultative Selling Skills;
- Experience working with adult learning principles in the delivery of clinical and skill based programs;
- Business Acumen.
- Competence in following areas: Needs Assessment, Facilitation, Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal Communication.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree required.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.