The primary objective of this role is to partner with the Talent Management leader and team, Human Resources team and managers/leaders across the organization to bring Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ mission and values to life for employees to help drive results, increase enterprise value and assist in attracting & retaining talent. The position will play a role in developing and delivering an employee communication strategy for the global organization.
This role will interact and work closely with:
- HR Colleagues – collaborate on development and delivery of employee communications in support of company events, programs and employee experience
- Executive/Senior Leadership – partner in the development and execution of company meetings and employee communications
- Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs – partner to ensure alignment of messaging and activity for corporate events (i.e. M&A activity, press releases, clinical and brand milestones, organizational changes, etc.)
- Engagement & Communications Forum – partner with site representatives to ensure the proper localization and cascading of communications
- Employees – partner with employees at all levels across the organization to drive alignment and support the execution of employee communication initiatives.
- Work closely with the Head of Talent Management, as well as with the SVP, HR and the CEO in setting a multi-year strategy for employee communications and will then be charged with executing on that strategy.
- Lead a team to drive both short- and long-term plans for the Employee Communications function, including change management and communication, corporate intranet, employee All That Jazz meetings, and other employee events as appropriate and needed.
- Partner and collaborate with executive leadership, HR, corporate affairs and investor relations, and other key business functional and matrix leadership to execute strategies to better connect the workforce and align employee messages to drive results against business and workforce objectives.
- Oversee the writing/creation of communication materials, maintenance and development of internal channels including the intranet and editorial calendars; implement effective, repeatable process for developing and reviewing communications within the organization.
- Identify audiences and appropriate vehicles for delivering key messages throughout the organization; assess effectiveness of existing vehicles; develop and implement solutions to improve reach and usage, including launching new channels as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership, internal stakeholders, leadership, and employees across all levels.
- Work across projects to ensure communication and engagement issues are identified and addressed (i.e., corporate governance bodies, key initiatives, etc.)
- Benchmark Employee Communications functions externally to ensure best practices continue to develop and seek recognition opportunities for the function as appropriate.
- Partner on the development of the employee communications strategy and lead the execution in support of merger and acquisition activity.
- Improve the quality, consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of employee communications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in life science industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong presentation skills
- Depth and expertise in strategic and tactical uses of communications to enhance business success
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Judgment and discretion.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to managers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners, engendering trust, commitment and tangible results.
- Experience on cross-functional work teams
- Strong Experience in Microsoft Suite of Products
- Exceptional customer focus and unwavering integrity.
- Embraces and operates in sync with Jazz Pharmaceuticals Values
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS with 8 or more years of employee communications experience developing, evaluating and/or managing significant programs and/or initiatives
- 3 years or more experience working in a management/leadership and/or professional advisory role.
Description of Physical Demands
- Ability to travel as needed, within the US and Europe. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.