The primary purpose of this position is to provide general management and leadership over HR programs, processes and operations globally for Jazz. This position will manage a team of 5 people including employees and contract workers in both US and EU locations. This position will oversee the execution of following programs and processes: Annual Goal Setting & Performance Management Cycle, Promotion process, Immigration, Employee Service Awards Program, SOX Compliance program, and Contingent Workforce Program. This position will also be managing a team to support the following HR operations: employee data and file management, quarterly turnover analytics, contingent workforce analytics, quarterly SOX audit, employee handbook updates, employee service awards operations, employee onboarding and off boarding, immigration support, and other general employee support. A key focus for this role is to collaborate across various HR functions to manage and improve HR operations & programs on a global basis.
From the project perspective, this position might act as a cross functional program manager managing HR initiatives or defining a new process across HR functions. Due to the highly integrated HR processes, this role will work closely with various functions inside and outside of HR. This is later described in the diagram at the very end showing various functions HR Operations interact with.
- Manage a team of 5 people in the HR operations team to sustain daily operations and focus on developing them through coaching and mentoring. The team’s routine operations including New Hire data entry and audit, general employee data management in Workday, manager transfer requests, employee physical file management globally, employee verification requests, off-boarding employee operations and other general employee related support.
- Provide leadership, program management and framework management over HR programs such as Annual Performance Management Cycle, Promotion Cycle, SOX Compliance Program, Contingent Workforce Program, Employee Service Award Program, and Immigration Program. This involves collaborating with other HR team leaders to create content when necessary, create program design and parameters, and project manage key process timeline such as Annual Performance Management Cycle and Promotions.
- Work closely with global HR Business Partner team to ensure consistent messaging with regards to programs/processes and partner with HRBPs on org-specific needs.
- Manage the EU HR Operations team to provide HR payroll data monthly for all EU countries, provide contract support for new hires, provide first day induction for certain EU sites, and work closely with external vendor to support HR needs in France. (align and create/oversee efficiencies in Europe with systems, processes and people)
- Audit and approve all new hire data entry transactions in Workday weekly.
- Build and manage a collaborative working relationship with Legal, Finance, Payroll Globally, Stock Admin, and other HR functions described in the diagram below.
- Provide vendor management with outside Immigration firms to support Jazz’s on-going immigration needs and manage the staff who is a liaison between employees and outside law firms to move immigration process forward.
- Manage production of the quarterly Turnover Analytics for Executives on time and with high accuracy.
- Work closely with Legal to maintain and rollout Employee Handbooks to major countries globally.
- Work closely with HR functional heads and SOX compliance team to update HR SOX narratives quarterly and support audits on a quarterly basis.
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing processes and programs expand across all of HR such as on-boarding, off-boarding, promotion, performance management, routine operations, immigration, service award program, and employee data management. The improvement will be focused on modifying processes to increase effectiveness, efficiency, higher accuracy, and timeliness.
- 7+ years of people and team management experience including a high focus in developing staff
- 5+ years of general HR Operations, HR Shared Services experience or other functional equivalent operations.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Experience in driving process improvement.
- Strong business acumen around managing effective operations.
- Strong organizational and project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams or projects.
- Working knowledge of the interrelationships of HR processes to other functions.
- Ability to think strategically, plan ahead and stay organized.
- Knowledge and experience working with of any major HR Management System such as Workday, etc.
- Strong MS Access and Excel skills to analyze data and present data analytics.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality and safeguard sensitive and highly confidential data at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Preferred Experience in general HR areas, HR Operations, HR Shared Services, consulting, or project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.