The position is part of Commercial Operations and will be responsible for administration, analysis, and reporting and change management of the Field Incentive Compensation Program for commercial field employees. This includes the management of the plan, payout calculations, contests and kickers, plan modeling and performance analysis, development and implementation of processes, and communication with the sales force. In addition, this individual will be expected to collaborate with commercial management and sales leadership, finance, HR, legal and compliance, and manage the review and approval of all changes to the incentive program.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage incentive compensation program that meet strategic objectives:
- Ensure compensation plans maximize field team’s productivity and efficiency, while in alignment with organizational expectations
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to design, develop, implement, and support the incentive compensation program and processes
- Develop strong relationships and communication methods across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness
- Stakeholder management: sales leadership, commercial management, IC Committee, and Finance
Incentive compensation administration, analysis and reporting:
- End-to-end administration and management (goal setting, plan design and rollout, approval process management, quarterly incentive payout calculations, payout letters, plan effectiveness - analysis and reporting, monthly financial accruals) of field incentive program across all Sales business units, Marketing, and Market Access
- Provide ongoing evaluation, analytics, and reporting of Incentive Programs (engage with Field Compensation Committee for feedback and evaluation); drive recommendation for improvement
- Development of all documentation (individual incentive plans, contests and kickers, presentation decks, etc.) required in support of presenting IC plans to Commercial Management and Sales Leadership, Incentive Compensation Committee, the Commercial Field teams, as necessary
- Work with HR Compensation to ensure sales incentive programs are in alignment with overall compensation within the company and industry benchmarks
- Responsibility for maintaining and staying current with all IC plan policies, procedures and controls
- Meticulous, highly organized and self-directed approach to work, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks in time-constrained situations
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple functions and gain alignment across the organization
- Strong data analysis and IC modeling background; proven ability to interpret, summarize and present analysis
- Ability to develop, improve and lead cross functional processes
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- 2 to 5 years in a sales analytics function preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred or applicable previous experience
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx and IC reporting tools are a plus.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.