The position is part of Commercial Operations and will be responsible for delivering sales operations effectiveness and excellence in support of the Commercial organization. In addition, the role will be closely aligned to Commercial IT to drive the enablement of metrics and KPI reporting, delivering systems and tools, and information management. The ability to independently manage multiple deliverables and shifting priorities with strong skills in project management, collaboration and communication will be key to success.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Sales Operations & Effectiveness:
- Sales Reporting and Analysis: operationalization of KPI creation through centralized data platforms, and creation and management of performance related KPI reports and dashboards (via Tableau and Alteryx)
- Data Management: internal and external data procurement and management, MDM, Commercial data warehouse, and data governance
- Core Sales Ops: sales force effectiveness, sizing, alignment and structure, targeting and call activity, and subnational performance tracking, and ongoing operations and maintenance of customer updates
- Sales Ops Systems: Veeva (CRM, digital sales aid, email campaign management, sample management)
- Manage multiple projects and deliver consistently to the expectations of different stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships and relationships, across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness
- Demonstrate the ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business decisions while working effectively with business partners
Partner with the Commercial IT:
- Set the strategy to improve efficiencies and enable enhanced capabilities to deliver advancement in business analytics, sales force effectiveness, and information management
- Serve as the Commercial lead to collaboratively design, develop, implement and support new business analytic and operations capabilities
- Deliver scalable solutions that integrate within the Commercial technology and processes ecosystem; ability to have a broad perspective and consider implications beyond the explicit requirements
- Experience with commercial pharmaceutical systems and platforms, business analytics solutions, and data warehouse and reporting
- Strong commercial business and technology acumen
- Excellent communication, facilitation, influence, change management and consensus building skills
- Meticulous, highly organized and self-directed approach to work, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks in time-constrained situations
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Veeva, and MDM is a plus
- 7+ years in sales analytics, operations, and/or commercial IT, preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred or applicable previous experience
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.