The Manager Patient Support Services will play a key role in supporting the company’s reimbursement and patient support services across the portfolio of Sleep products through project and vendor management. The Manager will work closely with the Director of Patient Support Services Program Strategy and Management (PSS), in supporting program operations for XYREM, and will support the launch activities for Solriamfetol. Ultimately, this person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day services necessary for patients to obtain access to Solriamfetol through our support programs. This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced matrix environment during a launch year with cross functional Jazz teams (Brand, Sales, Marketing, Legal, IT, Trade) partnered to support patient access.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day to day operations for current patient support programs,
- Oversee contracts and partnership with reimbursement vendors (copay, PAP, hub, etc),
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure vendor is meeting goals
- Manage vendor business rules/operations procedure documents, including drafting, as needed and partnering with legal for review and implementation
- Ensure program compliance with program business rules/operation procedures through regular auditing of cases/phone calls
- Coordinate weekly status calls and follow ups with internal/external stakeholders
- Implement new access initiatives/programs
- Serve as a day-to-day liaison with field teams, marketing and sales managers, other stakeholders
- Participate in the strategic planning for upcoming launches, launch meetings, market access team meetings, and other opportunities to interact with management and senior management in the organization.
- Work closely with Director of PSS to resolve any issues and implement any program-optimizing changes
- Work closely with Director of PSS to ensure integration of marketing strategies, and goals are consistently communicated across all vendor partners and materials for HCP, pharmacy and patient audiences
- Review and analyze data reporting from the vendors to identify issues, trends and potential interventions to ensure program excellence
- Provide regular updates and analysis of patient programs to Director of PSS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or consulting industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working closely with patient support programs including copay and hub models for pharmacy benefit products
- Possess an understanding of the specialty market, reimbursement/access challenges, as well as the OIG/legal guidelines for offering patient support programs
- Knowledge of account management or sales, a plus
- Previous experience directly managing patient and provider support hubs or services to ensure patient access to treatment, a plus
- Launch experience a plus.
- Position requires 25% travel to vendor locations, conferences, brand meetings, etc.
- Position requires that candidate is in Philadelphia, PA office. It is a critical success factor that this person can interact face to face with stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience reimbursement and patient access programs
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a launch/program plan
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record working with cross-functional work teams
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision-making
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency
- Ability to think creatively / innovatively striving for solutions to access issues
Description of Physical Demands:
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment:
- Works indoor in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and fumes
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.