Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking an experienced professional to successfully manage global IT projects from initiation to delivery. The position’s primary role is to effectively manage objectives, scope, time, quality, resources, costs, risks and change management for a diverse set of IT projects ranging from IT G&A, R&D and Commercial applications to infrastructure and cybersecurity. Secondary responsibilities will be assisting in the development of best practices for project management and the systems development life cycle.
- Proactively manage projects towards achievement of business objectives while adhering to agreed scope, time, quality and budget; may manage resources directly to execute project activities.
- Develop project charters, comprehensive plans, budgets, success criteria, metrics, status reporting, communications and other deliverables to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Anticipate critical activities and risks, identify issues and demonstrate initiative to appropriately escalate and resolve. Plan mitigations for risks with significant impact.
- Effectively communicate progress, status, dependencies and risk to stakeholders so that necessary corrective actions can be taken to keep project on track.
- Demonstrate leadership and communicate in a way that is motivating, optimistic and pragmatic; foster effective team interaction, collaboration and accountability.
- Clearly communicate project roles and responsibilities to team members; monitor team member tasks and deliverables to ensure appropriate quality and timely completion.
- Partner with others to develop and implement best practices for project management, solution evaluation and the system development life cycle; maintains templates, guidelines and process documentation. Coach and mentor others on project management best practices.
- Be a resource for understanding the necessary steps (e.g. investment business case, project management, change management, post project evaluation) to go from inception to realization of business benefits.
- Manage multiple global projects that comprise of internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Build strong partnerships and relationships, across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness.
- Manage vendors conducting work on assigned projects, ensuring their deliverables are provided in a timely and quality manner.
- Ensure compliance to departmental SDLC and PM methodologies.
- Proven experience with 6 plus years managing a diversity of IT projects (evaluation of solutions, requests for proposals, applications, platforms, reporting/analytics, infrastructure, those requiring computer systems validation - 21 CFR Part 11 )
- Strong working knowledge of IT applications, infrastructure and cybersecurity projects.
- PMP certification or equivalent is desired
- Able to develop detailed IT project plans in a variety of technology areas with little assistance or input
- Strong working knowledge of formal project management and SDLC methodologies, tools and techniques
- Proven experience with a variety of techniques for requirements elicitation, analysis and definition (e.g. functional specifications, business process engineering, data flow diagrams, use case analysis)
- Proven experience developing robust plans for managing quality, testing and move to production
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management software, including MS Project and Smartsheet.
- Good business acumen to understand the value of business capabilities enabled by IT
- Sufficient working knowledge of finance fundamentals to plan, forecast and monitor costs
- Sufficient technology acumen (e.g. ERP, infrastructure) to understand interdependencies and major risks
- Experience successfully completing projects using global virtual teams of internal and external resources; proven experience effectively managing vendors
- Ability to manage multiple programs or projects without direct authority in a consultative, collaborative and team-oriented style
- Good presentation, communication, facilitation and influence skills
- Ability to develop strong and collaborative relationships with people at all levels within different functions
- Highly aware of how their actions impacts others, drive to self-develop and strong desire to excel
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science or related degree; MBA is a plus
- Demonstrates and models the Jazz values: Direct and honest in communication and feedback; Demonstrates consistency between words and actions; Develops and sustains cooperative productive partnerships; Demonstrates passion for the job, organization and company; Demonstrates strong accountability for results, performance, standards and continuous improvement; Open to new approaches and embraces change
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.