This Market Research position at Jazz will be a critical contributor to brand team, life-cycle planning and senior management decisions requiring primary market research, secondary data analysis and competitive intelligence.
The Research Manager’s main role will be to select and execute the appropriate research methodology to meet defined business objectives for Jazz products. The Research Manager will propose and ensure implementation of a planned market research program as well as ad-hoc projects.
- Provide strategic insights to brand and management regarding analysis of the product, market and potential competition
- Initiate and facilitate activities that bring the brand team to a basic level of knowledge regarding the product attitudes and usage, market dynamics and competition
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans for existing brands and products in development
- Communicate and align key internal stakeholders around market research objectives and outputs including qualifying the results based on the strength of the data
- Select appropriate research methodology to address business objectives
- Design research questionnaires, web surveys, screening criteria
- Identify/leverage/analyze external data sources for analyses
- Develop and present final reports and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders, focusing on key findings and implications
- Propose and manage yearly market research budgets
- Lead development landscape efforts for brand team and overall franchise. Hold quarterly development landscape meetings to keep the team informed of development in the disease state and organize findings from major medical conferences
- Utilize secondary data resources (IMS-SDI, Wolters Kluwer Health, Encuity) to answer business questions from key customers.
- Work with forecasting to provide input on key variables
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences preferred. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience conducting primary market research with physicians and/or patients
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated pro-active leadership of brand/project team activities regarding strategy and/or market research findings
- Experience with new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Demonstrable strong written and oral communication abilities
- Experience in Hematology and/or Oncology therapeutic area preferable
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Familiarity with industry-standard resources for primary/secondary research and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain alignment across an organization
- Orphan drug experience highly preferred
- Expect travel to be about 25% depending on time of year; but can be up to 50% depending on time of year.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.