Reporting to the Senior Director of R&D Analytics, the Manager of R&D Data Analytics, will be member of a team of data scientists and analysts providing centralized data analytics capabilities across all R&D business functions globally. This role will work closely with R&D business stakeholders and SMEs to identify business data analytics and visualization needs, applicable sources of data and data owners, and provide insightful and accurate analytics and visualizations to enable harmonized data-driven R&D business oversight and decision making competencies. Primary responsibility includes the management of safety data visualizations and analytics solutions and safety data-related activities in collaboration with Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance process owners and other stakeholders.
The Manager of R&D Analytics draws upon knowledge of data analysis, global pharmaceutical industry regulations and practices to support R&D data analytics initiatives, and effectively solve data challenges and facilitate robust monitoring of business compliance & performance metrics, and any other data analytics, visualizations, and reporting needs.
- Support R&D data analytics initiatives in collaboration with head of R&D Analytics, R&D leaders, SMEs, process and system owners.
- Work closely with R&D SMEs, process and system owners to define data analytics, visualizations, and reporting needs and provide interactive & harmonized data solutions via the central R&D analytics platform.
- Support Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance function, and R&D Quality Management function with relevant safety, quality, and compliance and data outputs, including signal detection and aggregate reporting.
- Provide safety data support across R&D GxP audits and inspections, as well as regulatory safety queries and regulatory submissions.
- Work closely with the drug safety global AE case management team, safety database system and process owners, safety system administrators, medical safety team, and office of QPPV, to assess impact and account for changes in the safety data analytics solutions due to changes on safety data entry and pharmacovigilance processes, regulatory requirements changes, or respective safety system configurations, enhancements, or upgrades.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Extend company’s data with third party data sources of information when needed.
- Organize and analyze large datasets to get actionable insights and identify innovative ways to create meaningful data visualizations that make a business impact.
- Model the Jazz Values including promoting collaboration at all levels of the organization & across all locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences with a minimum of 3 years of related R&D or data analytics experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, etc.) with 2 or more years of demonstrated data analytics solutions in pharma industry or life sciences.
- Working knowledge of drug safety databases, e.g. Oracle Argus, etc.
- Working knowledge in providing end-to-end data visualizations/analytics solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of software systems and database principles.
- Advanced data analysis skills (clinical/systems/finance/processes/compliance).
- Solid knowledge of algorithm development, and statistical and quantitative approaches for data analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the associated curiosity to enable solving complex data analytics and visualizations problems.
- Demonstrated excellent teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize, take initiative, and meet challenges.
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
- In-depth business knowledge of at least one R&D function in the pharmaceutical industry (Highly desired).
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational databases, and data modeling experience.
- Moderate travel within the EU, US and internationally may be required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years of related R&D experience, or PhD degree in computer sciences with a minimum of 1 year of related R&D experience.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.