The Director, Government Regional Account Management (DGRAM) - East is responsible for managing the Government Regional Account Management (GRAM) team for the Eastern US. GRAMs represent the full portfolio of Jazz products and are responsible for optimizing access for Jazz products on regional and government payer formularies, PDLs and medical policies. The DGRAM – East will model Jazz core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and pursuit of excellence while providing direction and leadership to the GRAM team and collaborating across the Market Access function. This leadership role plays an integral part in the overall Market Access team at Jazz.
- Lead East GRAM team optimizing access for Jazz products on payer formularies, PDLs and medical policies at Government and regional targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Payer Field Team; the Director, Government Regional Accounts – West, and Market Access Marketing personnel and field sales leadership to develop and execute access strategies in assigned geography.
- Cultivate and leverage an expansive network of relationships with key managed markets individuals at customers, industry organizations and other pharmaceutical companies to better understand healthcare market dynamics and identify opportunities.
- Participate in Market Access cross-functional teams to shape direction and execution of brand strategies across the portfolio.
- Lead East GRAM team to collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that all applicable Jazz reimbursement support services are optimized for target payers.
- Utilize internal and external data sources to optimize East GRAM team efforts and performance metrics.
- Ensure that all appropriate internal stakeholders, reporting tools and reimbursement support programs are kept up to date with Jazz product access and reimbursement information for target payers.
- Anticipate potential obstacles within target Regional and Government payers and bring together all appropriate stakeholders to proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Leverage all applicable marketing tools and resources to educate target payers on Jazz products, their associated diseases and the value that these products provide.
- Create and maintain detailed account plans for each target payer and present these plans during regular business reviews with senior management.
- Provide regular business reviews with colleagues in field sales leadership.
- Mobilize resources and senior management support to capitalize on new opportunities and/or to address unforeseen threats with target payers.
- Help to inform managed markets and brand strategy development and management decisions by providing account and market segment subject matter expertise.
- Partner with Field Sales leadership to implement push and pull through programs at the regional level.
- Provide direction and guidance to East GRAM team to negotiate rebate agreements with target payers as per strategy that is consistent with Jazz contracting guidelines and are compliant with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have BA/BS Degree (MBA or PharmD preferred) at least 10 years of pharma/biopharmaceutical experience and 4 years of proven success as an Account Manager calling on regional commercial and/or government payers.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a direct management or team leadership role, either field or headquarters based.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to recruit, coach and develop high performing Account Management team members.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-organizational projects and teams with and without direct management authority.
- Must have advanced understanding of healthcare, ACA, payers, formulary/PDL development, coverage and reimbursement issues, and compliance laws and regulations.
- Must have demonstrated a high level of proficiency across all Jazz core competencies of Leadership, Business Acumen, Communication Skills, Critical Thinking / Decision-Making, Drive for Results, Influence and Impact, and Interpersonal Skills / Self-Awareness.
- Must demonstrate Jazz core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and pursuit of excellence.
- Must comply with all laws and regulations that govern our industry.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Must have BA/BS Degree (MBA or PharmD preferred)
- Experience with injectable or infused oncology or specialty products that are administered “incident to” a physician service (reimbursed as a medical benefit) preferred.
- Experience with drugs with restricted (limited or exclusive) distribution networks and/or HUB models preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change within a dynamic growing organization and an evolving health care market place as needs dictate.
- Clinical knowledge in one or more of the follow therapeutic areas preferred: Sleep, Oncology and Pain.
- Candidates should live near a major airport and be willing and able to travel approximately 60% of the time (average 3 days per week).
Description of Physical Demands
- Ability to travel 60% of time across western 1/3 of US
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regularly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Leadership of a dispersed team of Account Managers.
- Work from home or travel to customer, industry, or Jazz Pharmaceuticals meetings.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Regular customer contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.