The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing and maintaining the integrity of Jazz’s internal network, including hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking requests. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
As a member of the Infrastructure Services and Operations team, the Senior Network Engineer will design simple, scalable solutions and troubleshoot complex network problems. You will work independently and as part of a team to work with the project manager on team related projects, and provide level 3 escalation support.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of the broader company and departmental objectives to design, build, optimize and maintain the Jazz on-premise and AWS Cloud production network infrastructure and services.
- Establish the strategic direction of the Jazz on-premise and AWS Cloud production network infrastructure, including multi-year objectives and work plans to implement the strategy.
- Perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine best-fit methods and techniques to deliver approved network related objectives.
- Establish standards, principles and best practices to provide a simple, stable and reliable network for all corporate offices.
- Apply critical thinking to resolve a wide range of issues in a creative, yet pragmatic, way.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards to support the goals of the organization.
- Participate in the transition of on-premise datacenter services to AWS cloud services – with Infrastructure-As-A-Service and Software Defined Networks.
- Oversee and monitor systems and network security, recommending and implementing technology, processes, and practices to protect Jazz’s networks and computer assets from threats.
- Support networking needs in our US and EU datacenters, and US and EU AWS cloud regions
- Develop and evangelize the global campus network vision around simplicity and scale.
- Provide proficient technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN, LAN and WLAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, and security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Remote access solution support: VPN
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Experience designing and implementing Cloud infrastructure, AWS experience preferred.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement controlled changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
- Participate in network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Document maintenance for all network infrastructure
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Recommend improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Some international travel will be required
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- At least 10 years of expert level network experience with Cisco products and services, or comparable equivalent vendors.
- At least 5 years of expert level network experience in AWS, or comparable cloud offerings such as Azure and/or GCP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept risks that are required to lead change.
- Able to foster and build collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in using automation to provision cloud network constructs, such as; virtual networks, security groups, cloud native load balancers, DNS, and VPNs
- Experience operating within environments compliant with SOC 2, HIPAA, ISO27000 or equivalent
- Proficient in creating and maintaining metrics to aid in the design, scaling and troubleshooting of networks
- Proficient in designing and maintaining a high-performance global network
- Advanced knowledge and experience in network administration and architecture
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cisco or Cisco like routing, with proficiencies in understanding of Layer 3 and 4 routing, and with dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, etc.) and concepts such as Multi-VRFs.
- Advanced knowledge with Cisco or Cisco like switching, and a proficient understanding of VLAN configurations, QoS policies
- Advanced knowledge of wireless networking, especially Meraki, and certificate based authentication.
- Proficient with firewalls, especially Palo Alto Networks, with detailed understanding of access rules, site-to-site VPN configurations, Network Address Translations
- Proficient in private and public WAN technologies (MPLS, VPLS, DIA, VPN)
- Proficient in Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Proficient in VMware network concepts (vSphere, NSX, vSwitch)
- Proficient in AWS Cloud network concepts (VPC, Subnets, SAGs, ACL)
- Working knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related degree, required
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.