The position is part of Commercial Operations and will be responsible external and internal data management and information systems in support of the Commercial organization. In addition, the position will provide expertise with secondary data sources and be able to identify potential data sources to inform decision making with cross functional partners (New Product Planning, Corporate Development etc.) In addition, the role will be closely aligned to Commercial IT to own data acquisition and ingestion, maintain and enhance data quality, structure the data for business consumption, and commercial systems management. The ability to independently manage multiple deliverables and shifting priorities with strong skills in project management, collaboration and communication will be key to success.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Data Management (Internal and External):
- Collaborate with commercial, brand, and other functional areas to identify data sources needed to support brands, enable reporting on key metrics and inform business decision
- Responsible for all internal and external data sources. Identify and evaluate third party data sources (eg. SHA, IMS, HMS, MMIT, etc) to identify most appropriate data required to support and inform business decisions.
- Manage relationship with third party data vendors
- Develop SOPs and systems to ensure that reporting, storage, and handling of data sources meet compliance requirements
Data Integration & Analysis:
- Partner with IT to ingest, standardize, and store data across all data feeds (internal and third party)
- Develop request management process (system) to prioritize and respond to data inquiries in alignment with business needs
Master Data Management / Governance:
- Institutionalize best practices for data usage across all brands and commercial projects
- Ensure that data collected internally and externally meets quality standards
- Oversee master data management (e.g. access rights, privacy)
- Manage field systems and applications, including sales force automation (Veeva)
- Deploy and operationalize enterprise KOL Management platform
- Manage multiple projects and deliver consistently to the expectations of different stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships and relationships, across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness
- Demonstrate the ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business decisions while working effectively with business partners
Partner with the Commercial IT:
- Set the strategy to improve efficiencies and enable enhanced capabilities to deliver advancement in business analytics, sales force effectiveness, and information management
- Serve as the Commercial lead to collaboratively design, develop, implement and support new business analytic and operations capabilities
- Deliver scalable solutions that integrate within the Commercial technology and processes ecosystem; ability to have a broad perspective and consider implications beyond the explicit requirements
- Experience with commercial pharmaceutical systems and platforms, business analytics solutions, data warehouse and reporting, and master data management
- Strong commercial business and technology acumen
- Excellent communication, facilitation, influence, change management and consensus building skills
- Meticulous, highly organized and self-directed approach to work, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks in time-constrained situations
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Veeva, and MDM is a plus
- 7+ years in sales analytics, operations, and/or commercial IT, preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred or applicable previous experience
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.