The Instructional Design/e-Learning Trainer is responsible for applying instructional design principles and theory to the enhancement and creation of learning course to support Sales Training performance outcomes. These responsibilities will be carried out in a collaborative team environment that requires coordination with key project stakeholders to include Sales Training Managers, BU Sales and Marketing Leads, subject matter experts, creative staff, and external client bases. The designer/developer will pursue departmental and organizational goals that are aligned with key business strategies focused on providing a sustainable learning experience to our commercial customers.
- Partner with the LMS administrator to manage the implementation of training items in the LMS, including building assessments, interactive training files for eLearning, and integrating content from outside vendors
- Provide graphic design support for Sales Training courses in the LMS
- Develop and manage innovative training solutions (eLearning, micro-learning), to support training objectives
- Define KPIs and develop metrics to assess the performance of current and new training offerings
- Proven track-record of building engaging online learning
- Partner with functional areas to determine training needs and design/revise required training programs, courses and materials using adult learning principles
- Write/script effectively for multiple media to include online/digital, mobile/social and print using current learning communication principles, practices, platforms, and technologies
- Practice established instructional design principles and theory for product integrity and legitimacy
- Review and revise learning assessment items as necessary to meet performance validation standards
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude for enhancing or innovating instructional design strategies across all products and delivery modalities.
- With Sales Training Managers; design and develop innovative, comprehensive curriculums and certification programs, utilizing advanced design/development techniques and tools of adult learning theory that include appropriate levels of measurement.
- Adheres to sales training department budget
- Self-motivated to achieve departmental and strategic learning goals
- Adhere to standards and principles to ensure quality in all product deliverables
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships cross-functionally at all levels across the company
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Team-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five or more years of business experience including corporate or sales training experience
- Prefer minimum of 2 years Instructional Design experience
- Strong knowledge of Learning Management System preferably Saba Cloud
- Ability to generate and analyze data from the LMS
- Experience with eLearning delivery and software/systems tools required for development of eLearning modules (ie: Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Camtasia, Audacity, etc.)
- Expertise with reporting through Excel
- Experience with Authoring and HTML skills for course building
- Experience in exam development practices
- Advanced facilitation and content design skills (both classroom and e-learning)
- Strong organizational and project management focus
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Eight or more years of pharmaceutical/biotech sales or marketing experience including Field Based Trainer experience, preferred -or- three or more years’ experience developing and delivering clinically focused training and sales results related training.
- Experience within a sales training department with a successful record of delivering quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment: Understands legal and compliance issues facing a pharmaceutical organization. Has worked extensively with Sales Management, Legal, Regulatory and Marketing, on Compliance training.
- Understands field based and internal employee job responsibilities
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.