Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director will have responsibility for the organization’s Corporate Development activities. Oversees and leads the evaluation of strategic business opportunities: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, joint ventures, and alliances that fit within the overall corporate strategy, business plan and product portfolio. This position leads cross functional teams to achieve corporate development goals. The role will focus on leading, driving, communicating corporate development activities and negotiating business transactions. The Senior Director, Corporate Development will have frequent interactions with executive management and department heads.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Corporate Development includes mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, joint ventures, and alliances
• Lead / Drive evaluation of new business opportunities and lead diligence visits
• Lead negotiation teams and formulate proposed offers for business transactions
• Lead multifunctional diligence and transaction teams to meet near-term goals (e.g. term sheet, definitive language agreements and alliances). Requires leveraging relationships and motivational skills to influence other line functions and Jazz as a Corporation
• Partners with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives and applies strategic thinking to situations across functional area of expertise
•Interacts on a daily basis with Jazz executive level management. Update management committees on ongoing business discussions as well as managing relationships with investment bankers and industry executives
• Concurrently manages multiple projects (domestic and international) highly complex business opportunities. Requires prioritization of projects in-line with group and corporate goals
• Capable of preparation of all appropriate proposal documents, including market and financial analyses, and leads the project through the approval process
• In conjunction with Corporate Development, acts as a liaison to external advisors such as investment bankers, attorneys and due diligence consultants. Can serve as lead Jazz representative in such matters.
• Represents Jazz at external meetings, conferences, seminars to access new opportunities and to develop external network. Can serve as lead Jazz representative in such matters.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
Description of Physical Demands
Description of Work Environment
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.