Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a global biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 2003. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, our main offices are in Palo Alto, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Dublin, Ireland and Oxford, UK. We focus on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are driven by one simple motivator: a genuine desire to improve patients’ lives. This is a universal truth across the entire organization, no matter the location, therapeutic focus, discipline or level of the individual.
Since its creation, Jazz Pharmaceuticals has experienced strong corporate growth, and continues to build upon a dedicated development team, a focused commercial team and a seasoned management team, all working together for the betterment of patients. Our strategy is to create shareholder value by:
- Growing sales of the existing products in our portfolio, including by identifying new growth opportunities.
- Acquiring additional differentiated products that are on the market or product candidates that are in late stage development, and pursuing focused development of a pipeline of post discovery differentiated product candidates.
- Expecting to continue to grow both organically and through acquisitions, and other business development opportunities in the foreseeable future.
Further Jazz’s mission to improve patients’ lives while making the company a great place to work! Lead development and execution of the global Human Capital strategy to drive and deliver on prioritized business results in line with the company’s strategy, goals, and values.
In addition to leading the Human Resources function, also helps lead across the organization as a member of the company’s Executive Committee, serves as Chair of Total Rewards Committee, and is an active participant in Company’s Board of Director’s Compensation Committee. Reports to the Chairman and CEO.
This opportunity is available in both Palo Alto, Ca and Philadelphia, PA
- In collaboration with the CEO, other members of the Executive Committee (EC), and the senior Human Resources (HR) team, develops the global long- and short-term Human Capital strategy and goals for the company.
- Leads, directs and coaches an effective, respected and strong, global team of regular employees, contractors and RPO.
- Leads team on execution of the Human Capital strategy and prioritized goals to drive business success in line with Jazz’s overall mission, strategy, goals, and values
- Direct reports include Heads of: Talent Management (Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Communication and Learning & Development), Compensation and Benefits, HR Business Partners, and HR Operations.
- Oversees the company’s HR programs, including Work Force Planning (includes talent mapping, succession planning and organizational development and design), Change Management initiatives, Total Rewards initiatives (“right” interplay of compensation, benefits and workplace culture), executive and other corporate compensation and benefit plans, Talent Acquisition programs, Management and Leadership development and Mergers and Acquisition projects
- Participates in and supports the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategies and programs.
- Oversees, from a human resource perspective, the evaluation and integration of mergers/acquisitions as part of Jazz’s overall growth strategy.
- Leads across the company, establishing relationships at all levels, as member of the EC and Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee, and as the Head of global HR; champion of Jazz’s culture (mission and values) at all times.
- Provides insight and guidance to CEO, and leaders and managers regarding Human Capital and Organizational Development & Design issues; confidant of CEO and others on the EC
- Oversees development of policies, programs and communications for effective management of people, change and other human capital issues in compliance with laws and regulations; works closely with internal employment counsel and others in the Legal & Compliance, Finance, IT and Facilities departments.
- Oversees preparation for and active participant in Board of Director Compensation Committee Meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant (20+ years) successful global experience in leading cross-functional HR teams or combination of business/HR leadership with the last several years in HR; to drive business initiatives in line with values-oriented corporate culture
- Passion for patients and modeling of Jazz values; champion of company values and diversity and inclusion
- Business acumen and understanding of ways business strategies affect the workplace and culture (company culture and separate geographic cultures); cross-functional business understanding with P&L orientation
- Ability to analyze situations and think critically (including consideration of risk, reward, potential outcomes) based on knowledge, insights, data, and determining what is best for the company, patients and employees on a longer-term basis
- Continual learner and ability to stay abreast of external factors (opportunities and threats) affecting the workplace; uses research, networking, experience and internal/external data to drive the right decisions for the company in line with company’s strategy, goals, mission and values
- Acumen to balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs in every aspect of the business including talent and systems; ability to assess growth and development of the company and analyze data and desired outcomes to determine appropriate prioritized investments for the future
- Ability to influence and lead across the company as a member of a senior management team; develop strong working relationships with diverse team of senior level team members
- Experience successfully managing significant change initiatives that drive business initiatives
- Timely quality decision making (mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment); sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Breadth of understanding and knowledge of significant HR areas of responsibility
- Track record of extremely high integrity – instills trust as a leader and peer
- Values differences and track record of strong execution through teams
- Track record of successful development and coaching of individuals and teams; models driving and measuring accountability and, providing and receiving feedback; flexibility with and ability to effectively leverage strengths of different working styles to drive desired outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous life-science experience a plus
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelors’ degree in a related area; advanced degree preferred.
- Certification or related advanced training is preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.