The position is part of Commercial Operations and will be responsible for delivering sales operations effectiveness and excellence in support of the Commercial organization. In addition, the role will be closely aligned to Commercial Data Management and Information Systems to drive the enablement of metrics and KPI reporting, delivering systems and tools, and information management. This person will be responsible for successful implementation and optimization of a variety of projects and processes, which may require management of multiple vendors as well as the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with the brand marketing teams, sales management, commercial operations and other areas within the company. The ability to manage multiple deliverables and shifting priorities with strong skills in project management, collaboration and communication will be keys to success.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Sales Operations & Effectiveness:
- Sales force organization analyses
- Sizing, alignment and structure
- Call Planning and Targeting
- Operationalize KPIs and metrics through centralized data platforms (Tableau / Alteryx)
- Reach & Frequency
- Subnational performance tracking
- Relative to plan
- Tie back to performance
- Assessment of Sales Reps
- Tracking of performance, via:
- Detail Reach & Frequency
- Overall value of primary topic
- Detail volume vs competitors
- Account Ranking
- Overall sales rep experience
- Time spent on messages per rep
- Sample execution
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improving salesforce internally and informing solutions to drive field impact
- Sales Ops Systems: Veeva (CRM, digital sales aid, email campaign management, sample management), and others to come
Partner with the Commercial Data Management and Information Systems:
- Help to set the strategy to improve efficiencies and enable enhanced capabilities to deliver advancement in business analytics, sales force effectiveness, and information management
- Collaboratively design, develop, implement and support new business analytic and operations capabilities
- Support the delivery of scalable solutions that integrate within the Commercial technology and processes ecosystem; ability to have a broad perspective and consider implications beyond the explicit requirements
- Participate in regular cross-functional team meetings with a strong level of engagement to share best practices and work in a team oriented environment
- Develop strong relationships and communication methods across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness
- Manage multiple projects and deliver consistently to the expectations of different stakeholders
- Experience with commercial pharmaceutical systems and platforms, business analytics solutions, and data warehouse and reporting
- Knowledge of bio-pharma industry best practices with sales operations effectives tools and processes
- Strong commercial business and technology acumen
- Ability to deliver results by working effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with the application of syndicated Pharmaceutical data, (SHA, HMS, IMS)
- Experience with a variety of SFE tools
- Proven ability to work with large, ambiguous datasets and develop meaningful views of the data
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Meticulous, highly organized and self-directed approach to work, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks in time-constrained situations
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Veeva, and MDM is a plus
- 3+ years in sales operations, analytics and/or Commercial IT, preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree; advance degree a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.