The Associate Director, Government Regional Accounts (Government Regional Account Manager or GRAM) is responsible for managing Jazz Pharmaceuticals government and regional account relationships with regional commercial payers and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), VISNs, TriCare, state Medicaid and managed Medicaid accounts. GRAMs represent the full portfolio of Jazz products and are responsible for optimizing access for Jazz products on payer formularies, PDLs and medical policies. The GRAM is the key Market Access contact to the field sales organization. The GRAM will model Jazz core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and pursuit of excellence.
- Optimize access for Jazz products on target payer formularies, PDLs and medical policies.
- Collaborate with Associate Directors, National Accounts (NAMs) and field sales colleagues to leverage access opportunities and overcome access obstacles for Jazz products.
- Cultivate and leverage an expansive network of relationships with key managed markets individuals within target payers (Pharmacy, Medical, Industry Relations, Case Management, Contracting Directors/VPs/Chiefs), industry organizations and other pharmaceutical companies.
- Coordinate all Jazz activities and resources with target payers and serve as the single point of contact.
- Collaborate with field sales leadership and sales personnel to assist with pull-through and push-through activities as needed to support Jazz brands.
- Provide quarterly business reviews of market access specific to sales regions in order to coordinate market access activities in the field.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that all applicable Jazz reimbursement support services are optimized for target payers.
- Ensure that all appropriate internal stakeholders, reporting tools and reimbursement support programs are kept up to date with Jazz product access and reimbursement information for target payers.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate or provide value to target payers and work with internal and external partners to develop and execute on these opportunities.
- Anticipate potential obstacles within target payers and bring together all appropriate stakeholders to proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Leverage all applicable marketing tools and resources to educate target payers on Jazz products, their associated diseases and the value that these products provide.
- Create and maintain detailed account plans for each target payer and present these plans during regular business reviews with senior management.
- Mobilize resources and senior management support to capitalize on new opportunities and/or to address unforeseen threats with target payers.
- Help to inform managed markets and brand strategy development and management decisions by providing account and market segment subject matter expertise.
- Negotiate rebate agreements with target payers as per strategy that are consistent with Jazz contracting guidelines and are compliant with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have BA/BS Degree (MBA, JD or PharmD preferred) at least 10 years of pharma/biopharmaceutical experience and 4 years of proven success as an Account Manager calling on regional commercial and/or government payers. Internal candidates may waive Account Manager experience if they have suitable breadth of experience in marketing, reimbursement, or other home office functions.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a direct management or team leadership role, either field or headquarters based.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to develop a network of relationships with key individuals within assigned Regional Accounts.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-organizational projects and teams with and without direct management authority.
- Must have advanced understanding of healthcare, payers, formulary/PDL development, coverage and reimbursement issues, and compliance laws and regulations.
- Must have demonstrated a high level of proficiency across all Jazz core competencies of Business Acumen, Communication Skills, Critical Thinking / Decision-Making, Drive for Results, Influence and Impact, Interpersonal Skills / Self-Awareness, Planning and Organization and Self-Management / Development.
- Must demonstrate Jazz core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and pursuit of excellence.
- Must comply with all laws and regulations that govern our industry.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Must have BA/BS Degree (MBA, JD or PharmD preferred)
- Experience with injectable or infused oncology or specialty products that are administered “incident to” a physician service (reimbursed as a medical benefit) preferred.
- Experience with drugs with restricted (limited or exclusive) distribution networks and/or HUB models preferred.
- Experience with pull-through and contracting in a retail/generic market is preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change within a dynamic growing organization and an evolving health care market place as needs dictate.
- Clinical knowledge in one or more of the follow therapeutic areas preferred: Sleep or Oncology (injectable/oral).
- Candidates should live near a major airport and be willing and able to travel approximately 60% of the time (average 3 days per week).
Description of Physical Demands
- Ability to travel 60% of time to cover geography
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regularly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work from home or travel to customer, industry, or Jazz Pharmaceuticals meetings.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Regular customer contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.