Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Technical Operations Lead to elevate the quality of services and support delivered to Jazz end-users and partners. The Technical Operations Lead will be responsible for all global support level 1 and US region level 2 technical issues and problem resolution. In this role, the lead will also function as the subject matter expert accountable for end-user equipment health, training, and end user experience quality assurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES: DISCIPLINE FOCUS
- Technical Capability
Independent ability to diagnose and resolve a wide range of technical services problems (i.e. LAN connectivity issues, wifi, remote access, general laptop and end-user equipment, VOIP, Webex audio/web conferencing, Cisco videoconferencing. Review, write and where appropriate, signoff/approve technical support documentation and training materials. (Run-time books, New tech feature /functionality deploys, Operational SOPs, Change requirement docs)
- Process and Change Mgmt. Capability
Identifies opportunities for process improvements and process technical capability improvements; leveraging team technical expertise and working with functional counter-parts to complete specified work
- Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis, and Reporting
Responsible for sustaining the availability of core infrastructure services health, technical analysis and resolution of; wide user impacting service events, single user service issue complaints, root cause analysis, and incident trending analytics reporting
- People Management, Technical Mentoring and Business Relationship Management
Work intimately with team members and provide guidance on technical challenges, resolution direction, and effective communications. Leverage your years of experience managing level 1 and 2 support teams to cultivate a cohesive communicative mindset, focusing on shared knowledge building, effecient repeatable processes, and end-user experience quality. Establish relationships
with regional end users and key business contacts to continuously assess and measure satisfaction levels. Work regularly with outsourced partners to ensure operational excellence through SLA measurements.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Leads both internal and external resources necessary to execute key initiatives and objectives emphasising teamwork, collaboration and strong customer focus.
- Responsible for leading the technical architecture elements of end user device services.
- Deliver strategic and technical expertise to drive continuous process improvement that generate cost savings and optimise efficiencies
- Establishes and maintains fully integrated process knowledge database for all technical information developed in support departmental programs. Works cross functionally to assure database is seamless across the enterprise.
- Maintains communication with senior leadership to identify and resolve any technical issues which could pose a risk to the business unit.
- Create guidelines, technical recommendations and white papers, consolidating the input from a variety of sources and Subject Matter Experts
- Manage, facilitate the delivering of training through in-person sessions, webinars, computer based training, documents (e.g. quick help guides) and communications (e.g. email msgs)
- Participate in weekly/monthly run meetings with service partners and regional peers regarding service operations
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly KPIs with service partners
- Review and approve service partner SLAs; hold service partners and contractors to SLAs
- Be accountable for end-user experience; know the user-cases, evolve use cases relative to user experiences and solution enhancements.
- Work with internal IT support teams to build and operationalize PC improvements relating to workstation imaging and reimaging processes.
- Work with team SMEs to enable automation in support of end-user self-service capabilities to seamlessly improve the end user experience.
- Must have a degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience
- Must have a minimum of (8) years progressive and relevant experience as a regional technical lead
- Must have a minimum of (8) years of related experience managing and leading a technical team in the area of IT service management, supporting a large number of end-users. (preferably > 2,000).
- Must have strong experience managing an outsourced help desk vendor for a global corporation
- Must have outstanding technical skills with current certifications, or equivalent demonstrateable proficiency in the areas of; network server administration, end-user hardware peripherals (i.e. CCNA, MCSE, CompTIA A+, RHCE)
- Experience with ITIL methodology and practical appliance
- Ability to influence and lead complex, and time-sensitive projects.
- Strong service attitude with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization (CEO to admin staff) and to large audiences
- Experience implementing and evaluating contracted work with vendors, suppliers and maintaining successful partnerships
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Organizational agility: Drives for results
- Project Management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simutaneously