The Manager, Sales Operations, Data Strategy and Commercial Solutions will bring data management expertise and technical leadership to manage the end to end life cycle of commercial data. The Manager will report to the Associate Director, Data Strategy and Commercial Solutions and will partner closely with Commercial Operations and Commercial IT stakeholders.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage the research, assessment and procurement of data relevant to commercial analytics and operations (across sales and marketing)
- Partner with Commercial IT to ingest, standardize, and store data across all data feeds (internal and third party)
- Develop SOPs to ensure that reporting, storage, and handling of data sources meet compliance requirements
Master Data Management (MDM) Governance
- Understand the business needs and requirements for master data management related to customer profiles, product hierarchy, territory alignments / mappings etc.
- Understand key processes and performance indicators in MDM that are critical to the identified needs and business performance
- Be the business process owner to review and sign off on processes / rules that align with the business need
- Ensure that data collected internally and externally meets quality standards and collaborate with IT to design appropriate business processes
- Manage data governance processes focusing on quality, consistency, usability, and availability of customer, product, territory alignments, etc. to the business and downstream systems
- Define SOPs for data stewardship and participate in data governance sessions
Commercial Solutions Management & Governance
- Manage field systems and applications (Sample management, KOL management, field performance dashboards, sales force automation - Veeva)
- Understand the commercial reporting and data needs, and be the business process owner for commercial reporting of key metrics and related data management
- Collaborate with IT for the design and maintenance of these metrics and reports
- Define SOPs and governance mechanisms to manage changes / updates to the metrics / dashboards and ensure compliance
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or management consulting with focus on master data management, data warehouse and reporting, and commercial solutions
- Strong data governance experience with pharmaceutical business knowledge and technical aptitude to define and advance Commercial solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with sales, prescriber profiles, claims data from syndicated data vendors like Symphony, IQVIA, HMS, MMIT etc. and Specialty Pharmacy data
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Commercial Operations, Commercial IT, and external service providers
- Experience implementing end-to-end (requirements, data analysis, design, development, testing and validation) MDM solution (Product, Customer, Payer), leveraging external and internal data sources
- Experience with Reltio or similar tools used for managing master data in the Pharmaceutical industry and reporting tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar subject
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.