The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ sales force within the Sales Region. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible, through his/her regional sales force, for the compliant promotion of Jazz Pharmaceutical’s products to physicians and other health care providers within the geographic region. The RSM will lead and manage a team of Specialty Sales Consultants, in addition to directly promoting Jazz Pharmaceuticals products. The RSM will also manage projects involving cross-functional communication and activities.
The Region covers Maryland and Virginia
The Regional Sales Manager will:
- Manage regional staff including:
- Recruit and select excellent Specialty Sales Consultants
- Coach, train and develop Specialty Sales Consultants to build a strong, progressive and motivated work team
- Provide team leadership and ensure that the team performs with integrity
- Provide verbal and written feedback on performance and development on a regular and timely basis
- Know, comply with, and ensure compliance by the region’s employees with applicable corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Understand the regulatory environment and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, including those of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, the OIG guidelines
- Promote, and assure that the region promotes, the company’s products for the approved indications using the most current company materials.
- Implement the company’s marketing plan, including communicating and providing direction to regional staff
- Execute launch and pull-through strategies for new products to ensure proper positioning in the marketplace
- Formulate and direct the implementation of the region’s business plan
- Maintain expert knowledge on region’s managed care access environment
- Partner with the Managed Markets team to implement and measure push and pull-through initiatives that support achieving sales objectives
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing region objectives
- Oversee the proper utilization of corporate resources and assets
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals and ensure that the region’s activities are consistent with Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ ethical pharmaceutical marketing and compliance laws and regulations
- Maintain strong relationships with major thought leaders in region.
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Perform all activities within budget
- Perform ad-hoc special projects to support specific business needs requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Post-graduate degree or coursework is preferred but not required.
- At least three years pharmaceutical sales management experience; management of a specialty pharmaceutical sales team or hospital sales team is preferred.
- At least five years of medical and/or pharmaceutical product sales experience, to include two to three years of specialist/hospital sales experience, preferably in the area of sleep and/or CNS/Neuroscience.
- Working knowledge of healthcare payment and reimbursement systems in retail, hospital and specialty segments
- Prior experience in leading sales teams in managed care pull through initiatives
- Extensive travel required.
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel for field responsibilities and management meetings
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.