This opportunity is available in both Palo Alto, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Further Jazz’s mission to improve patients’ lives while making the company a great place to work. Partner with other senior Human Resources (HR) leaders on the development and execution of the global Human Capital strategy to drive and deliver on prioritized business results in line with the company’s strategy, goals and values.
In addition to being a senior leader within the Human Resources function, also helps lead across the organization ensuring HRBP representation at the functional leadership team meetings, Total Rewards Committee and the Operational Executive Committee (OEC). Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
This opportunity is available in Palo Alto, CA or Philadelphia, PA.
- In collaboration with the senior HR leaders, provides input into the global long- and short-term Human Capital strategy, organizational design of the HR team, and the HR operating model.
- Leads, directs and coaches an effective, respected and strong, global team of HR Business Partners (HRBPs) aligned to Executive Committee members and their corresponding business groups with primary responsibility for support of the EC members and next level leaders.
- Leads team on execution of the Human Capital strategy and prioritized goals to drive business success in line with Jazz’s overall mission, strategy, goals, and values.
- Together with senior leaders, drives a shift in organizational capabilities aligned with mid- to long-term business strategy.
- Acts as a key contributor to establish a strong teamwork environment and adhere to the HR operating principles with HRBPs as well as when collaborating with other HR teams.
- Leads global HRBP team to provide partnership to their assigned EC member (plus direct reporting leadership team(s)) that includes day-to-day coaching and feedback, a focus on high-performance as a leadership team, adherence to Jazz values and desired behaviors for managers/leaders, a framework for organizational change and guidance on organizational effectiveness, design, and restructuring.
- Leads the team to execute upon many of the company’s HR programs, including Work Force Planning (includes talent mapping, talent calibration, succession planning and the development of organizational blueprints), ensuring a consistency in process, sharing of best practices between HRBPs and providing an overview of talent across the organization.
- Assists in the evaluation and integration of mergers/acquisitions as part of Jazz’s overall growth strategy.
- Seen as a leader across the company, establishing relationships at all levels, including as a member of the Total Rewards Committee and other business critical committees, as necessary. Proactive champion of Jazz’s culture (mission, values, management/leadership behaviors.)
- Provides insight and guidance to President and COO and senior leaders regarding Human Capital and organizational effectiveness and design.
- Contributes to the development of policies, programs and communications for effective management of people, change and other Human Capital issues in compliance with laws and regulations; works closely with internal employment counsel and others in the Legal & Compliance, Finance, IT and Facilities departments.
- Continually builds on knowledge of the company and the industry to allow for innovative concepts, the promotion of new ideas and a strong values-based culture while recognizing local, geographical-based differences, regulations and laws.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant (10 plus) successful global experience in leading strategic HRBP or cross-functional HR teams to drive business initiatives in line with the values-oriented corporate culture
- Passion for patients and modeling of Jazz values; champion of company values and diversity and inclusion
- Business acumen and understanding of ways business strategies affect the workplace and culture (company culture and separate geographic cultures); cross-functional business understanding with P&L orientation
- Ability to analyze situations and think critically (including consideration of risk, reward, potential outcomes) based on knowledge, insights, data and determining what is best for the company, patients and employees on a long-term basis
- Continual learner and ability to stay abreast of external factors (opportunities and threats) affecting the workplace; use research, networking, experience and internal/external data to inform decisions for the company in line with company’s strategy, goals, mission and values
- Acumen to balance resources and organizational design consulting
- Ability to understand the financial implications and tradeoffs in the business including talent planning and resourcing
- Ability to influence and lead across the company as a member of a senior HR management team and to develop strong working relationships with a diverse team of senior-level team members
- Experience successfully managing significant change initiatives that drive business initiatives
- Timely quality decision making (a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment); sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Significant breadth of understanding and knowledge of HR areas of responsibility
- Track record of acting with integrity – instills trust as a leader and peer
- Track record of successful development and coaching of individuals and executing through teams; models driving and measuring accountability and providing and receiving feedback; flexibility and ability to effectively leverage strengths of different working styles to drive desired outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels (i.e., strategize, plan and execute on agreed-upon, prioritized, value-add initiatives) and develop methodologies such that success (quality, effectiveness, timeliness) can be measured globally and locally, as appropriate
- Will hold self and team accountable for outcomes, including operating in line with company mission, strategy, business objectives and core company values
- Previous life-science industry experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed globally; initially, travel may be significant
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelors’ degree in a related area; advanced degree preferred.
- Certification (SHRM or HRCI) or related advanced training is preferred.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.