The Senior Sales Training Manager, Xyrem will play an integral role within the Sleep Business Unit. The candidate will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally to develop and execute training strategy and tactics in support of Sleep Business Unit objectives. This person will be a strategic leader as well as a hands-on training specialist.
The individual will report to the Director, Sleep Sales Training Lead.
- Lead, manage, and develop 1 direct report which will supply product and skill based training across the Business Unit, focusing on Xyrem.
- Work with Sales Training team members and key stakeholders in planning sales training programs to achieve a successful launch of Xyrem Pediatrics.
- Execute sales training plans at the time of launch and create a post training impact analysis of how the training is being executed in the field and a post training needs analysis for re-enforcement training.
- Collaborate with BU leadership to establish training initiatives that translate strategy and tactics of the brand teams into actionable behavior by the field sales team.
- Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a track record of proven leadership.
- Experienced, transparent, and solution oriented leader.
- Applies advanced instructional design principles and adult learning model to enhance content delivery. Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training programs and provide strategic direction for the planning, design, development and implementation of training modules/materials and programs for new product launches, line extensions, and technical issues.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to coordinate the design, and then directing the development of training workshops to support the National and POA Sales Meetings.
- Understand the culture and values of the organization and champion both the department's and the company's vision.
- Effectively direct the activities of external consultants and Sales Training team members. Minimize and optimize when necessary the employment of external consultants and controlling cost and efficiencies in-house.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Eight or more years of pharmaceutical/biotech sales or marketing experience, preferred -or- three or more years’ experience developing and delivering clinically focused training and sales results related training.
- Experience within a sales training department with a successful record of delivering quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment: Understands legal and compliance issues facing a pharmaceutical organization. Has worked extensively with Sales Management, Legal, Regulatory and Marketing, on Compliance training.
- Understands field based and internal employee job responsibilities.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous product launch experience preferred
- Business Acumen, Communication Skills, Drive for Results, Influence and Impact
- Provides and Receives Feedback, Drives Accountability and Executes through Teams.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
- A BA/BS or equivalent experience required
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.