This opportunity is available in both Palo Alto, CA and Philadelphia, PA
The Vice President, Commercial Operations reporting to the Executive Vice President, U.S. Commercial will lead and manage the Jazz Pharmaceuticals commercial operations functions including Analytics and Insights, Sale Operations & Data Strategy, Commercial Services, Sales Training and Forecasting. The position will lead a team that provides analytical and operational support for Commercial and other functions within the organization and play a key role in providing analytical insights and efficient operational support
- Lead and evolve the Commercial Operations function with responsibility for establishing and maintaining the analytic and operational infrastructure for supporting the U.S. Commercial organization
- Create the vision and develop overall strategy and direction for the department. Build and develop a high performing and diverse team by attracting, selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals who share the goals and vision of the organization
- Oversee and guide the development of short term sales forecasts and updates
- Provide analytical insights through data analytics and market research to the Business Unit leadership to understand the business and identify potential opportunities for future growth
- Serve as an active member on the Commercial Leadership Team
- Partner with the Business Units to ensure alignment with Commercial and brand strategy
- Oversee the approach and implementation of objective analysis to support best in class sales operations programs including sales force strategy and analysis, targeting, optimal territory alignment and sales force incentive plans
- Devise, initiate and implement strategies in increase operational efficiency
- Lead and provide guidance and direction to all assigned staff and functions
- Ensure ongoing development of team members
- Implement ongoing process improvement, resource optimization, quality management, timeliness and accuracy of all products and services from all functional areas that support the Commercial organization
- Participate and provide commercial input and expertise for the evaluation of business development opportunities as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Information Technology organization to ensure the development of commercial data strategies and systems that will allow the company to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial organization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA or BS degree (MBA or advanced degree a plus)
- 8-10 years of experience leading a commercial operations function within a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Demonstrated mastery of analytical responsibilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of commercial operations and analytical functions within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence and align at all levels of the organization
- Must be effective working in a team environment with strong collaboration skills to gain alignment within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a large team
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical secondary data sources (IMS, HMS, Symphony Health, claims data etc.)
- Experience in sales force strategy and optimization projects
- Strong leadership, team building and organizational skills. Proven ability to coach and develop staff as well as technical ability to coordinate functional business activities
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.