Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Manager of Business Intelligence & Data Engineering for the IT team. In this hands-on role, this person will be responsible for supporting BI platforms, data engineering, production support, and data operations. In partnership with various departments and business units, this role will be responsible for development and support of data & analytics solutions that will provide insights to the performance of the business. This individual must be capable of identifying automation opportunities, delivering detailed documentation of data and workflows, and coordinating with an offshore team to provide 24X7 support to our US and EU functional partners. This position will also develop automated data processes, transform combine data to create meaningful data schemas that can be used for ad-hoc analyses, test the validity of results, and deliver appropriate documentation. This individual must be capable of interfacing with all levels of the organization to achieve success.
- Partner with Commercial (Operations, Marketing & Sales), R&D (Drug Safety & Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Affairs), and other business functions to develop data solutions while ensuring alignment to Jazz’s business strategy and overall IT data strategies.
- Hands-on involvement in designing and development of automated processes to extract data from various internal and external sources, and to combine and transform them into meaningful data elements to create different types of data schemas for different business needs (transactional, star schema, snowflake schema, normalized, denormalized, staging, datamart, data warehouse, etc.).
- Provide daily data operations support for issues and enhancements requests, managing support queues, and delivering data constructs as needed.
- Manage development projects of small to medium size in scope, and develop prototypes as well as production-ready reporting and data solutions.
- Take ownership and manage the lifecycle of ETL tools like Alteryx and Pipeline Pilot.
- Willingness to learn, adapt to new technologies, and ability to juggle multiple development projects/activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of business experience in the business intelligence IT industry; work in/for pharmaceutical, biotech, bioinformatics, or healthcare related laboratory, research and diagnostic industries, a plus.
- Must have at least 4 years of hands on experience with data engineering, extracting data from various sources, and transforming data to meet business needs; using these techniques on healthcare data sets is a plus (healthcare operations, clinical, product distribution, drug compliance, safety, etc.).
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex healthcare business processes to develop agile and insightful data rich solutions.
- Must have hands on experience with using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts).
- Experience with Vertica, Oracle, MS SQL Server, or other databases required.
- Must have hands on experience working with software tools and independently create automated processes to extract, transform and load data (ETL) into appropriate data schemas.
- Experience with Pipeline Pilot, Alteryx or other enterprise ETL platforms is a plus. Job will require learning and using such tools on a day to day basis.
- Some experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview) and ability to independently create prototype views using data extracts is desired.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.