Great opportunity for a Manager, Talent Acquisition (TAq) to join our team and focus on continuously driving incredible hiring manager and candidate experiences for our R&D team. In this role you will lead by example and provide insights to the business, while delivering high quality candidates and advancing the Jazz Pharmaceuticals employment brand across numerous markets and professional communities.
- The Manager, TAq will deliver high quality candidates to our R&D team, and advance the Jazz Pharmaceuticals brand across numerous markets and professional communities while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the Jazz Pharmaceuticals selection process.
- Lead by example and provide insights to the business (scope of the role, market data and interview feedback), setting expectations and driving weekly 1:1’s
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting for our R&D group and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the R&D community at large. A wide degree of creativity, near- and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required.
- Partner with internal colleagues to design and deliver recruitment strategies and conduct full-cycle recruitment activities from a technical and cultural perspective within R&D.
- Partner with hiring managers and HR to identify and clarify job specifications in order to effectively source quality candidates.
- Partner with department heads and hiring managers to understand the needs of the Jazz R&D business and develop a TAq plan to support current hiring needs and future growth. Create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Write complete and detailed intake documents ensuring an understanding of job duties, job responsibilities and required/desired skills.
- Work with sourcing team (when applicable) and company leadership to ensure successful differentiated hiring is achieved with improved client and candidate experience
- Proactively engage with the R&D candidate market to build a strong talent pool for current and future opportunities
- Screen candidate applications using best-fit criteria such as availability and behavioral assessment
- Proactively manage communications with candidates, keeping individuals informed and engaged throughout the recruitment process acting as a steward of positive candidate experience
- Prepare candidates for interviewing with Jazz Pharmaceuticals and specific hiring managers by providing detailed information on the company, business strategy, organization, job descriptions, and expectation-setting.
- Stay up-to-date on Bio-Pharma industry, employment trends and practices, to effectively anticipate and address changes that could impact applicant availability, sourcing and recruiting
- Consult with business on staffing and recruitment policies, ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity mandates, compensation guidelines and other Jazz Pharmaceuticals processes.
- Help continuously assess and improve time-to-fill, quality of hires, and candidate experience
- Effectively utilize a broad range of sources to fill open opportunities
- Vendor/Agency Management (where applicable)
- Work with hiring managers and leaders to problem solve. Establish and maintain accountability to Business, HRBP’s and TAq colleagues.
- Partner with HR, LOD and Client Leaders for critical talent and succession planning (both internal and external candidates)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7+ years recruiting experience, with 3 years in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Medical Device markets with significant time recruiting in R&D.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to screen applicants through VP level
- A strong process orientation
- Ability to develop and execute recruiting strategies to meet staffing goals and objectives in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization, coupled with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to effectively "sell" the culture and benefits of working for the company, and promote the brand
- Ability to effectively manage tasks, including following up on outstanding action items
- Exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information regarding candidates and employees
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation
- Experience using ICIMS helpful
- Recruiting Certifications (AIRS, LinkedIn Recruiter, SHRM) preferred.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant recruitment experience
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.